WOOHOO for the 14 DAYS OF SWOON BLOG HOP, hosted by the fabulous www.fictionfare.blogspot.com & www.swoonyboyspodcast.com! This is a fun, fantastic blog hop perfect for Valentine’s Day and I’m so happy to be part of it!
So today I have the pleasure of chatting about my top five FICTIONAL BOYFRIENDS OF ALL TIME. BUT LORD THIS WAS HARD! There are so many leap-off-the-page swoony boys who have captured my heart over my many years of reading, and it was extremely hard to pick just five. I also learned quite a lot about my fictional boy tastes as I pondered this question (like, for instance, I apparently either go for the bad boy type or the bookish type with the heart of gold. Go figure). So without further ado, drumroll please….
5. KENT MCFULLER (BEFORE I FALL, Lauren Oliver) — Okay I know this first choice is slightly random, but BEFORE I FALL is one of my favorite novels of all time, and like Sam, I ended up going from viewing Kent as a bookish outcast to someone unique, under-appreciated, adorable, and worthy of love and admiration.
4. BISHOP (HEXED, Michelle Krys) — He’s cutting and infuriatingly sarcastic and always seems just out of reach, but I had so much fun reading his and Indigo Blackwood’s banter… the bad boy with the secretly good intentions has never been so attractive.
3. AUGUSTUS WATERS (THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, John Green) — Brilliant, poetic, thoughtful, tragic . . . Gus absolutely stole my heart. I’m not a book crier — it takes a lot to do me in — and I was just gutted and laid bare towards the end of this book.
2. CHUCK BASS (GOSSIP GIRL, Cecily von Ziegesar) — Admittedly I fell further head over heels for the TV version of this New York “legend” than the book version. Chuck is ruthless and charming and just the right amount of despicable, and though the show and series are over, I am still not over him.
1. PEETA MELLARK (THE HUNGER GAMES, Suzanne Collins) — Insightful, sincere, compassionate — it’s not often I find a boy that I think so perfectly complements a kick-ass heroine, and Peeta is just PERFECT for Katniss. He had me at “I smuggled you bread.”
YAY! Tweet me your favorite fictional boyfriends at @leeykelly, I’d love to hear them!! And as part of the blog tour, there’s a fabulous giveaway, naturally . . .
. . .and I’m throwing in my own giveaway on Goodreads, a signed copy of my recently released debut novel, CITY OF SAVAGES — enter below!
Keep the hop alive and check out the upcoming posts from these awesome blogs:
14 Days of Fictional Swooning Schedule
- February 1st- Fiction Fare
- February 1st- Swoony Boys Podcast
- February 2nd- Literary, etc.
- February 3rd- Adventures in YA Publishing
- February 3rd- A Soul Unsung: Book Gossip for the Soul
- February 4th- Bookish Things & More
- February 5th- Books and Swoons
- February 5th- Love at First Page
- February 6th- Awesome Book Nuts
- February 6th- Mainstream Passionista
- February 6th- The Book Sphere
- February 7th- I Turn the Pages
- February 7th- Andi’s ABCs
- February 8th- Na’s Not So Newsworthy Thoughts
- February 8th- WhoRUBlog
- February 9th- Gun in Act One
- February 9th- We So Nerdy
- February 10th- What Sarah Read
- February 10th- Flutters and Flails
- February 11th- The Book Addict’s Guide
- February 11th- Effortlessly Reading
- February 11th- Lostbraincell’s Bookish Blog
- February 12th– GReads!
- February 12th– Books Equal Awesomeness
- February 13th– My Friends Are Fiction
- February 13th– Lee Kelly: New Write City
- February 14th– Fiction Fare
- February 14th– Swoony Boys Podcast
Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the tour!!.