I want to do something fun with reading this year — not just a “how many books can I read” challenge, but a challenge that pushes me to really keep track of what I read and diversify and branch out of my reading comfort zones. I stumbled on this PopSugar 2016 challenge and I am all in!
1. A book based on a fairy tale.
2. An NBA winner
3. A YA bestseller
4. A book I haven’t read since high school
5. A book set in my home state (NJ)
6. A book translated to English
7. A romance set in the future
8. A book set in Europe
9. A book that’s under 150 pages.
10. A NYT bestseller
11. A book that’s becoming a movie this year.
12. A book recommended by someone.
13. A self-improvement book.
14. A book I can finish in a day.
15. A book written by a celebrity.
16. A political memoir.
17. A book at least 100 years older than me.
18. A book that’s more than 600 pages.
19. A book from Oprah’s book club.
20. A sci-fi novel.
21. A book recommended by a family member.
22. A graphic novel.
23. A book that is published in 2016.
24. A book with a protagonist who has my occupation (writer or lawyer)
25. A book that takes place during summer
26. A book and its prequel (x2)
27. A murder mystery.
28. A book written by a comedian.
29. A dystopian novel.
30. A book with a blue cover.
31. A book of poetry.
32. The first book you see in a bookstore.
33. A classic from the 20th century.
34. A book from the library
35. An autobiography
36. A book about a road trip.
37. A book about a culture I’m unfamiliar with.
38. A satirical book.
39. A book that takes place on an island.
40. A book thats guaranteed to bring me joy.
First up — a book with a BLUE cover — HOODOO by Ron Smith!!
Happy 2016 (and happy reading) everyone..